Yes, you heard it correctly; Records and Virat are directly proportional to each other. Success is the constant of proportionality constant between them. As Virat is aging and turning 30, his game is also getting fantabulous. With the tag of being a Sharmaji ka Damaad, we can say that Virat kohli is living up to his name and his wife’s name as well.
In order to take a look at Virat Kohli’s mindboggling records, here we are with another set of THE MOST of our beloved Captain:-
1) Virat Kohli has the most number of hundreds during chases in ODIs (20). He has scored 18 in successful chases. Sachin Tendulkar is second on the list with 17 tons
2) Virat Kohli scored his sixth double hundred as a captain, the most by any captain. He overtook Brian Lara’s record of five double tons.
3) The 29-year-old has been involved in eleven 200-runs partnerships in ODIs. This is the most by any player, eclipsing Upul Tharanga and Ricky Ponting’s record of 7 such partnerships each.
4) Virat has the most number of centuries (18) while chasing. He broke Sachin Tendulkar’s record of 17 centuries when he slammed a ton against the West Indies in the fifth ODI. Incidentally, Sachin took 232 innings while Virat did it in just 102.
5) The Delhi dasher has the most number of 50+ scores in T20I. He has gone past the 50-run mark on 18 occasions, three more than his RCB teammate Chris Gayle.
6)Kohli also became the captain to score most ODI runs in a single calendar year. He has scored 1460* runs in 2017. Kohli went past Ricky Ponting’s 1424 runs in 2007.
7) Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli holds the record for hitting most T20I runs on a single ground. The Delhi dasher has scored 472 runs in 11 innings at a brilliant average of 94.40 with five half-centuries at Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka. Apart from Kohli no other batsman has even completed 400 runs on a single venue.
8) No player has scored more runs in T20I chases than Virat Kohli. Brendon McCullum previously held the record with 1006 runs until he was overtaken by Kohli.
9) Virat Kohli broke the world record for playing the most innings before recording a duck in T20Is. He recorded his maiden T20I duck after 47 innings, playing in his 52nd T20I.
10) Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma have been involved in four double-century stands, the most by any pair in ODI history.