The UIDAI has launched a new secured digital based QR code on e-Aadhaar. This QR code on e-Aadhaar will now include photographs of the Aadhar card holder along with the demographic details. This new code will help in facilitating proper online verification of the cardholder.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) replaced the code on e-Aadhaar
The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is the Government agency which functions under the Planning Commission of India.
The UIDAI has taken initiative to replace all the existing QR code containing demographics details on e-Aadhaar. These new QR codes on e-Aadhaar contain a digitally signed secured QR code including the demographics details as well as the photographs of the individual.
On the online website of UIDAI, one can check the Aadhaar card status, verify Aadhaar card linking and download the e-Aadhaar card easily.
What is e-Aadhaar?
The e-Aadhaar is an electronic version of Aadhaar card which an individual can easily download from UIDAI website by submitting the individual Aadhar or enrollment Id. The e-Aadhar card is similar to that of Aadhaar card.
The e-Aadhaar number is the 12 digit number provided by the UIDAI to all the Indian citizens. It will allow verification of the Individual even offline for various organizations like Bank. It is simply the offline verification process to ensure the importance of Aadhaar card.
Information available on e-Aadhaar
- Aadhaar number
- Photograph of the cardholder
- Name of the cardholder
- Date of Birth of the cardholder
- Address of the cardholder
- Sex of the cardholder
- Biometric details of the cardholder
How to check your e-Aadhaar status?
- Log in to UIDAI website
- On the home page, select the option of ‘Check Aadhaar Status’
- Enter the 14 digit EID number and 14 digit time stamp (mention as dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss) as given on the enrolment slip
- Enter the security Captcha code
- Click on the ‘Check Status’ button
How to download the e-Aadhaar from the link of e-Aadhaar?
- First note down the enrollment number, time and date as per the acknowledgment slip that would have been given to you during the time of Aadhar application.
- Log on to UIDAI website and enter all the required details.
- Click on the option ‘Get One Time Password’
- You will receive a one-time password or OTP enter it into the given field.
- Then enter the first four letters of your name in Capitals along with your birth year (YYYY format) as the password in order to open the e-Aadhar pdf file.
What is QR CODE?
The Digitally signed QR code on e-Aadhaar is a type of barcode label having the machine-readable information. This reader software QR code is publicly available on the website of UIDAI from 21ST March 2018.
This small QR code along with the demographics details will be available on the front side of the cutaway portion of e-Aadhaa. While the large QR code will be available on the top section of the front and back side of the e-Aadhaar along with the photographs and demographic details.
According to UIDAI CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey, in order to ensure the bona fide owner of the Aadhaar card, they can do it by manually checking the photos with the face of the individual or even by using agency-specific authentication feature.
This QR code on e-Aadhaar contains the digital signature of UIDAI in order to make it more secure and tamper-proof. Further, in order to reduce the denials on Aadhaar based services, an exception handling mechanism will be added to this offline verification facility.
Benefits of e-Aadhaar
- It is an electronic card which will be available online all time, where one can access the card anytime without having the fear of losing the card.
- This is a universal card and is applicable to every citizen of India. It can be used as for identify and address proof card as it is digitally certified by the Government of India.
- It can be used to avail all the subsidies provided by the government like the LPG subsidy.
- You can also apply for the passport and open bank accounts with the help of it.