The eternal beauty, perfect combination of magnificent charm and elegance is none other than the iconic and mysterious Rekha of Bollywood. You all might agree with me on all these points I wrote about the mysterious Rekha. Even today this mysterious actress rules over million hearts with her beautiful style.
You all might be aware that the mysterious Rekha has won multiple awards for her unforgettable performance in her super hit films like Muqaddar Ka Sikandar, Mr Natwarlal, Khoobsurat, Silsila, Umrao Jaan, Utsav and many more.
But do you know some unknown facts about her? Why is she famous as mysterious Rekha? In this article, I’ll be sharing with you some unknown facts about her controversies, link-ups, success, and failure of the mysterious Rekha.
Here are 35 unknown facts about mysterious Rekha
About her birth:
- Rekha was born to the renowned South Indian actor Gemini Ganesan and Telugu actress Pushpavalli. Her full name is Bhanurekha Ganesan.
- Rekha father never married her mother and did not accept her as his child. Therefore Rekha was brought up as a forbidden child.
- The mysterious Rekha have 1 sister, 5 step sisters and 1 step brother from same father but different mother. Despite this fact, Rekha shares a very close bond with all of them.
- Do you know that after Rekha became popular in the film industry her father tried to contact her but she ignored him?
About her dreams at an early age:
- The actress dream was to become an air hostess and explore the whole world. But her application got rejected due to her young age, after which the mysterious Rekha stepped into films.
- The mysterious Rekha had many air hostess friends who used to bring many makeup kits for her from abroad as she was very fond of makeup.
- The other mystery about mysterious Rekha which I am sure many of you are not aware of is that she also dreamt of becoming a nun. She decided to become a nun after studying between the Irish nuns in the convent school.
About her entry into films:
- Because of her poor financial condition, she was even forced to work in many B and C grade Telugu Films.
- Rekha was even sexually harassed and body shamed once during the shooting of Telugu film.
- She first entered film industry as a child actor in the Telugu movie Rangula Ratnam.
- The mysterious Rekha faced many difficulties when she came to Mumbai for her Film carrier as she was not able to speak Hindi.
About her marriage:
- Many of you believe that she is unmarried. But the truth about the mysterious Rekha is that she was married to one of the industrialists Mukesh Aggarwal in 1990. Her husband committed suicide just after a year of their marriage in 1991.
- It is said that she was in America at that time and in one of her interview said that this was her second failed marriage. Then who was her first husband? It’s still a mystery about the mysterious Rekha.
About her link-ups in Bollywood:
- The mysterious Rekha was linked to many of her co-stars in Bollywood out of which the most highlighted was the superstar, Amitabh Bachchan. The list included Raj Babbar, Vinod Mehra, Navin Nischol, Jeetendra, Yash Kohli, Kiran Kumar, Shatrughan Sinha, Sajid Khan and Akshay Kumar.
- The love story of the superstar Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha started during the shooting of the film Do Anjaane in 1976.
- Rekha was madly in love with him and even declared about their relationship in media which was later denied by Amitabh.
- It is said that she married actor Amitabh Bachchan on the same day when Neetu and Rishi Kapoor got married. Rekha came to their reception wearing sindoor and mangalsutra which shocked everybody there.
- It is also said that the actress secretly married her film Ghar co-actor Vinod Mehra in 1973 which she later denied in the media.
- The mysterious Rekha was also linked to Sanjay Dutt. He was 5 years younger to her and she did this only to make Amitabh jealous.
- Rekha was also linked to superstar Kamal Hassan which later created differences between the actor and his wife Wadi Ganapati.
About her journey in Bollywood:
- The mysterious Rekha biggest dream was to act opposite to Dilip Kumar in the films. Unfortunately, it did not happen.
- Because of her dark complexion and features, she bacame popular as an ugly duckling. The mysterious Rekha was always looked down in her initials days of the Bollywood for her color.
- Rekha often gets demotivated in comparison to other leading actresses of her time in Bollywood.
- The mysterious Rekha has also dubbed for many actresses in the films like for Neetu Singh in Yaarana and Smita Patel in Waris. She also dubbed for the role of Soundarya and Jayasudha in the film
- The mysterious Rekha is also a very good singer and has also sung two songs in RD Burman film Khoobsurat.
About her Style and Elegance:
- The mysterious Rekha does not have any stylish or designer for her. She herself designs her looks and costumes which makes her the sex symbol of Bollywood.
- The actress is the style icon of many actresses of the Bollywood. The mysterious Rekha is expert in reinventing her old sarees into a new one.
- Rekha was amongst the punctual actresses of the Bollywood and always used to reach studios before shooting.
- The mysterious Rekha best friend is none other than dream girl Hema Malini.
- She was among the first actresses in the Bollywood who started going Gym at Hotel Ramee International. She also used to do swimming and many exercises.
- The mysterious Rekha is smart enough to hide her private life from media. She always has a secretary Farzana with her for her company.
- Only Farzana has the right to visit Rekha at her home.
- It is said that Gulzar in his film Ijaazat wanted Rekha to play the role which was played by Anuradha Patel. But it was Rekha who wanted to play the role of the wrong wife instead of typical Indian women.
- The mysterious Rekha became the first item girl of Bollywood with Feroz Khan Film Jaanbaaz in 1987.
- She is the first actress in the Bollywood who did not require a male character for a film to get hit.